I know everyone is so tired hearing about Fifty Shades of Grey. The one thing that no one is really talking about is how Christian Grey made Anastasia Steele use kegel balls during during a charity function. She was hesitant at first but then she enjoyed the experience.
What are kegel balls?
Kegel balls or ben wa balls or kegel exercisers were intended to help women exercise and strengthen their pelvic floor muscles.
What are pelvic floor muscles?
They are a set of muscles that support the pelvic organs such as the urethra, bladder, uterus and rectum.
Why is it so important to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles?
Besides increasing circulation and enhancing overall vaginal and rectal health, exercising the pelvic floor increases your sexual performance. It makes it easier to achieve orgasm and increases orgasm intensity. Who doesn’t want that?
Besides having better orgasms, there are some added benefits of doing kegel exercises for new or aspiring mothers:
- Protects the vagina by learning to relax and control the muscles for labor and delivery
- Sets the stage for a swifter postpartum recovery
- Helps vagina to regain tightness after childbirth
Let’s not forget older women. Kegel exercisers can benefit these women:
- Prepares the body for an easier menopause
- Improves vaginal wall thickness
- Increases natural lubrication
How do you find the pelvic floor muscles:
- The next time you urinate, try to stop the flow of urine. The muscles in your vagina, bladder and anus tighten and move up. Congratulations-you found your pelvic floor muscle group!
- Insert a finger into your vagina. Once again, pretend to try to stop the flow of urine. You should feel the muscles tighten and move. Congratulations-you found your pelvic floor muscle group!
All women should experience the joys of kegel balls or kegel exercisers. If nothing else, try something new and experience some new sensations. During sex, you can also try to squeeze the pelvic floor muscles. Your partner should feel the muscles tighten and will thank you. You never know — you just might like it too!